Water Chemistry Basics
This online course educates retailers, builders, distributors, manufacturers, and other aquatic professionals on the basics of water chemistry, water testing, and chemical dosing. Understanding operating practices that help prevent the spread of disease in the pool environment is critical in order for staff to keep pools safer and open.
Water Chemistry Basics training focuses on the following objectives, while the online format allows students to learn at their own pace:
- Maintaining water balance
- Performing proper disinfection
- Utilizing calculations for breakpoint chlorination
- Handling fecal related contamination and other recreational water illnesses
- Calculating for correct water balance using the saturation index
- Recognizing factors for consideration when choosing disinfectant
Successful completion of this online course earns a Record of Completion. IACET CEUs are available.