Every day aquatic professionals perform duties in environments with less than ideal air quality. Minimizing the impact of poor air quality on breathing is essential to good health. Training staff on the proper usage of respiratory personal protective equipment (PPE) protects against harmful inhalants and reduces the risk of respiratory illness.
The Respiratory Protection Online Course accomplishes the following objectives, while the online format allows students to learn at their own pace:
- Recognize the value of PPE for the respiratory system
- Identify common workplace hazards regarding the respiratory system
- Describe the common characteristics of PPE for the respiratory system
- Identify common types of PPE for the respiratory system
- Describe the proper fit for PPE for the respiratory system
- Explain how to care for PPE for the respiratory system
- List employee and employer responsibilities regarding PPE for the respiratory system
Successful completion of this 30-minute online course earns a Record of Completion. IACET CEUs are available.