Oxidizers, corrosive chemicals, and irritants are hazardous chemicals commonly present in pool and spa disinfectants/sanitizers, filter cleaners, and other products. Aquatic professionals must establish clear standards for the safe handling of hazardous materials encountered in the pool environment to provide for the safety of themselves and their patrons.
Hazard Communication training accomplishes the following objectives, while the online format allows students to learn at their own pace:
- Recognize the purpose, scope, and elements of the Hazard Communication Standard
- Identify how chemical hazards are determined
- Identify the purpose of a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and its components
- Identify chemicals and their hazards, through labeling and warning practices
- Recognize the physical and health hazards inherent with hazardous chemicals
- Recognize the information and training required by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
Successful completion of this 30-minute online course earns a Record of Completion. IACET CEUs are available.