Emergency Planning and Emergency Right-To-Know Act
This online course trains aquatic professionals to identify the origin and goals of the Emergency Planning and Emergency Right-To-Know Act (EPCRA) and recognize the reporting requirements for emergency planning, emergency release, SDS submissions, chemical inventory reporting, and toxic chemical release reporting.
EPCRA training focuses on the following objectives, while the online format allows students to learn at their own pace:
- Identify the origin and goals of the EPCRA regulation
- Identify the four specific types of chemicals listed in the regulation
- Identify the emergency planning requirements of Section 302 and 303
- Identify the emergency release notification requirements of Section 304, including release possibilities at a facility
- Identify the requirements and exemptions for SDS submissions in Section 311 and chemical inventory reporting in Section 312, specifically Tier II reporting
- Identify the requirements for toxic chemical release reporting in Section 313
Successful completion of this 30-minute online course earns a Record of Completion. IACET CEUs are available.