Computer technologies are prone to security threats in many forms, which may jeopardize your work and your company’s digital and intellectual property. This course will create awareness among staff about ongoing threats to computer security and their role in protecting their employer’s digital property.
Computer Security training accomplishes the following objectives, while the online format allows students to learn at their own pace:
- Describe staffs’ role in ensuring and maintaining security
- List best practices necessary to insure the physical security of commonly-used devices
- Identify methods that are commonly used to protect software and data on corporate devices
- Recognize the need for and approaches to ensuring security when online
- List best practices when creating and using passwords for online services, local devices and services
- Recognize the value of backing up data as a critical computer security measure
Successful completion of this 40-minute online course earns a Record of Completion. IACET CEUs are available.