Hazardous Waste Management
This online course prepares aquatic professionals to define a hazardous waste, recognize standards that regulate hazardous waste, and identify requirements of hazardous waste management.
Hazardous Waste Management training focuses on the following objectives, while the online format allows students to learn at their own pace:
- Identify the purpose of a waste management program
- Define the categories of waste, including hazardous, universal, “potentially” hazardous, and non-hazardous
- Identify the purpose of regulating hazardous waste, which regulatory standards apply to hazardous waste management, and the three classifications of waste generators under Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Recognize the criteria for determining if “you” generate a hazardous waste
- Identify the container, labeling, and storage requirements for hazardous waste
- Identify the requirements for developing and implementing an inspection program for hazardous waste
- Identify transportation and disposal requirements for hazardous waste
- Identify the requirements for emergency preparedness and contingency planning
- Recognize the requirements for training personnel, reporting, and recordkeeping
- Identify examples of typical hazardous wastes, universal wastes, and potentially hazardous wastes
- Identify proper management and disposal procedures for typical hazardous, universal, and potentially hazardous wastes
- Recognize methods for minimizing the generation of hazardous waste and evaluating those methods
Successful completion of this 1-hour online course earns a Record of Completion. IACET CEUs are not available for this course.