This online course enables aquatic professionals to recognize basic types of supported and suspended scaffolds and their capacity requirements; identify who is qualified to design, construct, and inspect scaffolds; recognize hazards posed by scaffold work, and identify requirements and safe practices for working safely from scaffolds.
Scaffold Safety training focuses on the following objectives, while the online format allows students to learn at their own pace:
- Identify common types of supported and suspended scaffolds
- Identify who is qualified to design, construct, and inspect scaffolds
- Identify the key design and construction requirements for scaffolds, including the maximum intended load
- Identify the hazards posed by working on scaffolds, including instability or collapse, falls, being struck by falling objects, overloading, and electrocution
- Identify the requirements and controls that protect against falls, falling objects, and electrical hazards
- Identify conditions that prohibit scaffold use
- Identify inspection criteria for scaffolds
Successful completion of this 30-minute online course earns a Record of Completion. IACET CEUs are not available for this course.