Certified Pool & Spa Inspector
Are you looking to grow professionally and diversify your service offerings? Certified Pool & Spa InspectorTM (CPITM) provides a standardized training program for health officials and pool operators to conduct pool and spa inspections. CPITM training assures a sanitary, healthy, and safe environment for staff and patrons of public swimming pools and spas.
CPITM focuses on these topics while the online format allows students to learn at their own pace:
- Understanding the basis for code requirements and why a violation is a public health hazard
- Performing an inspection of the pool and spa area
- Evaluating swimming pool operation and maintenance
- Assessing the circulation system and its components
- Evaluating a facility for VGB Act compliance
- Recognizing the elements of spa inspections
- Understanding recreational water illnesses
- Maintaining supervision and operator records
- Recognizing the elements of aquatic play features
- Understanding swimming pool design standards and their impact on public health
Purchase of this 3-hour online course includes a handbook. Successful completion earns a Record of Completion. Certification is available by submitting to NSPF a Certification Request and $30 fee. IACET CEUs are available.