PHTA Instructor Program
PHTA Instructors are core to our mission of ensuring people around the world live happier and healthier lives through water-based activities. Instructors undergo rigorous training to teach using PHTA materials. Their passion, combined with PHTA’s cutting edge curriculums, is responsible for more than 500,000 certifications issued world-wide. From CPO Certification, to CPI Certification, to AST Certification, our Instructors’ expertise equips aquatic professionals to succeed in all segments of the swimming pool and spa industry. Interested in becoming a PHTA Instructor? The following information will guide you through the process.
PHTA Instructor Assessment School
The PHTA® Instructor Assessment School is designed to verify ability and provide mentorship to the candidates that wish to become PHTA Instructors. The school, administered by the PHTA Instructor Education Committee, requires a commitment as it is a true assessment of the candidate’s knowledge and ability to educate those in the pool and spa industry. By successfully completing the school, PHTA will prepare you to teach PHTA products and programs.
2020 School Schedule
October 12-14, 2019
$1,200 USD plus travel expenses*
*Refunds will only be issued 60+ days prior to the beginning of the school.
Application for the Assessment School
To be considered for the PHTA® Instructor Assessment School, a candidate must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Hold a CPO® Certification at least 1 year prior to submitting the application
- Complete the two online course pre-requisites listed on the application
- Have 3+ years hands-on experience with chemical adjustment, backwashing of filters, water balance, and water testing.
- Complete the application and submit it to email@example.com.
Applications are reviewed on a first come, first serve basis. Completion of the application and requirements does not guarantee approval into the school.
Once the requirements are complete and the application is submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, you can expect the following action:
- PHTA will provide you with a confirmation of application receipt.
- Within 30 days of application submission, PHTA will inform you of acceptance or denial into the Instructor Assessment School.
- Upon acceptance, PHTA will provide you with the procedures to register for the Assessment School. Fees are due at time of registration.
- Once a candidate is registered, PHTA will send materials to begin preparing for the school.
- Six weeks prior to the school, PHTA will provide teaching assignments for the course.