NSPF Instructor Program
NSPF Instructors are core to our mission of ensuring people around the world live happier and healthier lives through water-based activities. Instructors undergo rigorous training to teach using NSPF materials. Their passion, combined with NSPF’s cutting edge curriculums, is responsible for more than 500,000 certifications issued world-wide. From CPO Certification, to CPI Certification, to AST Certification, our Instructors’ expertise equips aquatic professionals to succeed in all segments of the swimming pool and spa industry. Interested in becoming an NSPF Instructor? The following information will guide you through the process.
NSPF Instructor Assessment School
The NSPF® Instructor Assessment School is designed to verify ability and provide mentorship to the candidates that wish to become NSPF Instructors. The school, administered by the NSPF Instructor Education Committee, requires a commitment as it is a true assessment of the candidate’s knowledge and ability to educate those in the pool and spa industry. By successfully completing the school, NSPF will prepare you to teach NSPF products and programs.
2019 School Schedule
October 14-16, 2019
$1,200 USD plus travel expenses*
*Refunds will only be issued 60+ days prior to the beginning of the school.
Application for the Assessment School
To be considered for the NSPF® Instructor Assessment School, a candidate must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Hold a CPO® Certification at least 1 year prior to submitting the application
- Complete the two online course pre-requisites listed on the application
- Have 3+ years hands-on experience with chemical adjustment, backwashing of filters, water balance, and water testing.
- Complete the application and submit it to email@example.com.
Applications are reviewed on a first come, first serve basis. Completion of the application and requirements does not guarantee approval into the school.
Once the requirements are complete and the application is submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, you can expect the following action:
- NSPF will provide you with a confirmation of application receipt.
- Within 30 days of application submission, NSPF will inform you of acceptance or denial into the Instructor Assessment School.
- Upon acceptance, NSPF will provide you with the procedures to register for the Assessment School. Fees are due at time of registration.
- Once a candidate is registered, NSPF will send materials to begin preparing for the school.
- Six weeks prior to the school, NSPF will provide teaching assignments for the course.