Certified Pool & Spa Inspector Handbook
The Certified Pool & Spa Inspector™ (CPI™) Handbook is designed to provide a standardized training program for health officials and pool operators on conducting pool and spa inspections. The purpose of this handbook is to assure a sanitary, healthy, and safe environment for the public when using swimming pools and spas. A copy of the CPI™ Handbook is provided when you register for the online training course.
- Understanding the basis for code requirements and why a violation is a public health hazard
- Performing an inspection of the pool and spa area
- Evaluating swimming pool operation and maintenance
- Assessing the circulation system and its components
- Evaluating a facility for VGB Act compliance
- Recognizing the elements of spa inspections
- Understanding recreational water illnesses
- Maintaining supervision and operator records
- Recognizing the elements of aquatic play features
- Understanding swimming pool design standards and their impact on public health
Click here to view the CPI™ online training course.