Certified Pool & Spa Operator (CPO) Certification Program
CPO® Certification provides individuals with the knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. This training has helped protect millions of swimmers by reducing hazards at aquatic facilities. CPO® Certification, the world's leading verifiable pool and spa training credential, is available as a blended training program. The CPO® Certification program is also eligible for IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
The CPO® Certification program requires participation in either a two-day in-person class (14-16 hours) taught by a certified instructor or the blended format that combines the online Pool Operator Primer™ and one day of the Pool Operator Fusion™ in-person class of instruction. An open book written examination is required.
This two-day class covers 14-16 hours of information from the NSPF® Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook and local codes taught by a certified NSPF® Instructor. This dynamic setting offers direct interaction with an instructor and fellow students. Pass the open book exam and earn CPO® certification.
Contact an NSPF® Instructor or go to the class schedule page to find a class near you.
Pool Operator Primer™
This online training program can be the first step to earning a CPO® Certification. This online curriculum follows the 18 chapters in the NSPF® Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook, which is provided.
Students have access to the Pool Operator Primer™ online course for six months giving them the opportunity to review the material many times.
Pool Operator Fusion™
This one-day in-person class is offered by a certified NSPF® Instructor and is an economical and convenient way to achieve the CPO® Certification.
Sign-up for the second day of any two-day classroom certification course or a stand-alone one-day Pool Operator Fusion™ class. Contact an NSPF® Instructor or go to the class schedule page to find a class near you. Students must present a Pool Operator Primer™ Record of Completion and pass an open book exam to obtain a CPO® Certification.
- 2-Day Classroom CPO® Certification Course
- CPO® Certification Blended Training - Pool Operator Primer™ plus Pool Operator Fusion™
CPO® Certification Program Benefits
- Proven educational tool
- Widely accepted by local and state authorities
- Covers topics necessary for pool operators including a section for local and state codes
- Includes a comprehensive handbook that is updated regularly
- Taught by NSPF® Certified Instructors
- Recognized nationally and internationally
- Gives participants a better understanding of the operator’s role in pool care, management and risk reduction
- Eligible for IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs)