CMAHC Progress Update: January-February 2017
CMAHC Progress Update
The CMAHC greeted 2017 knowing this is a Vote on the Code Biennial Conference year. As a result, we will all be busy through December making the MAHC the most pertinent, up-to-date aquatics health and safety reference and guidance document. We have been working with many of you to facilitate Change Request submissions and I have been reviewing them for completeness prior to releasing them all to the Technical Review Committee so they can get to work. Change Requests are posted awaiting member comment!
Important News, Dates, and Deadlines
- Can't find what you need?---look for the box on the upper right-hand side that says “Find 2017 Info On”---it brings down a menu to guide you to the 2017 Conference info, Change Requests, and Member comments.
- Deadline for members to submit comments for consideration in TRC recommendations and report: midnight EST May 31, 2017. See the 2017 Biennial Conference timeline.
- Second Biennial Vote on the Code Conference: October 17-18, 2017 in Denver, CO.
Board of Directors News
- Based on the new by-laws, the Board's Nomination Committee is preparing to expand the Board from 10 to 14 Directors. Stay tuned for announcements of new Directors. Voting for Directors will become a routine function at the Biennial Conference but the Board decided the current expansion needs to occur now rather than waiting until October, 2017.
Change Request Submission Process News
- Congratulations! The CMAHC has received 180 Change Requests for consideration at this year's CMAHC biennial conference.
- Thanks to the groups that formed after the WAHC to discuss working together to submit substantive CRs---greatly appreciated and these efforts can only lead to an improved MAHC!
- Start commenting on CRs now. Open the CR and add a comment by clicking on the “Submit Comments” box at the bottom of the page. NOW is the time. If you think a CR can be improved, take the time to comment now since the TRC could potentially incorporate your suggestions into the CR to make it that much better. Your comment could also influence the final TRC recommendation.
- We held the orientation conference call for the Technical Review Committee members on February 21. Doug Sackett has been reviewing the CRs submitted for completeness so they can be handed over to the TRC to start the review process
- Remember---The TRC will be posting the time and dates for their review meeting calls. Members will be able to listen to deliberations and submit comments later if they choose.
Preparing for the 2017 Biennial Conference
- The 2017 Biennial Vote on the Code Conference will be held October 17-18, 2017 at the Omni Interlocken Resort in Denver, Colorado immediately before the National Swimming Pool Foundation’s (NSPF) World Aquatic Health Conference.
- Registration for the conference will begin on April 3, 2017 and will be available on the CMAHC website.
- For those attending both the 2017 CMAHC Vote on the Code Biennial Conference and NSPF's World Aquatic Health™ Conference, each organization will provide a registration discount.
- Hotel conference reservations are being coordinated through the NSPF at their World Aquatic Health™ Conference rate.
CMAHC Business, Communication, and Operations News
- Thanks to all our new Members. We now have 660 members.
- We are modifying the membership area to allow institutions to sign up multiple members with one payment as requested.
- Still looking to help on a committee? Applications will be solicited for the multiple Standing Committees needed to move the CMAHC forward this year. Keep an eye out for this upcoming member announcement for the application period.
Investment in Change
- Thanks to those members involved in Ad Hoc Committees that will help us run the CMAHC more efficiently and develop the evidence base for new Change Requests
- Chlorine Stabilizers is finalizing a manuscript for submission to a peer-reviewed scientific journal. This paper will serve as a foundation for future discussion of stabilizers in pools.
- Aquatic Facility Acoustical Design completed their work and a new Change Request was submitted for 2017 consideration
- Chlorinator Sizing. As a follow-up to the 2015 efforts of this committee, a CR Champion and workgroup submitted related CR's for 2017 consideration.
- Floatation Tank Design & Operation completed their work and a new Change Request was submitted for 2017 consideration.