CMAHC Progress Update: August 2017
The NSPF has been provided with another CMAHC update and we wanted to provide the below information to you all. This was an email provided by CMAHC Executive Director, Douglas Sackett.
41 Days to Go!
There has been tragic news from Texas and Louisiana and we know that some of you live in those areas hit hard by Hurricane Harvey. We hope that you and your families/aquatic facilities/health departments/companies are OK and that the road to recovery is not too arduous. You are all in our thoughts.
It is only 41 days until the 2017 Biennial Conference. The Technical Review Committee has completed its CR reviews and they are being reviewed and posted so members can view the CRs and the TRC reviews online. We hope to finish posting all the TRC reviews within the next two weeks for you to read before the conference.
Important News, Dates, and Deadlines
- We need sponsors for the biennial conference amenities! We are looking for sponsors for CMAHC Conference activities (Sponsors’ breakfast, lunches and breaks, livestreaming) at the 2nd biennial conference. Contact Doug Sackett to let him know how you would like to assist with CMAHC conference planning.
- Register now while there is still room! The CMAHC registration site is live and ready to go. Visit the CMAHC 2017 Biennial Conference registration pages now to register. The 2017 Biennial Vote on the Code Conference will be held October 17-18, 2017 at the Omni Interlocken Resort in Denver, Colorado immediately before the National Swimming Pool Foundation’s (NSPF) World Aquatic HealthTM Conference.
a. NEW! We are opening the livestream up FOR FREE for CMAHC members to accommodate all those people who cannot attend the conference (you still need to go to the registration page and register). We know times are tough for public health and parks and recreation members and we want you to still be involved. Let’s break the sign-up record of 81 sites in 2015. Make your voice heard from your office. NOTE Potential Sponsors, we would love to have the livestream sponsored so we don’t lose money!
b. BONUS—if you register for both conferences you will receive a $50 savings on the second of the two conference registrations you complete (this does not apply to live stream registrations).
c. Hotel conference reservations are being coordinated through NSPF at their World Aquatic Health Conference rate. There is a link to the hotel booking and registration information on the CMAHC and WAHC registration pages. Register for your room while there are still block rates available.
Board of Directors News
- Stay tuned. The Board of Director’s Nominating Committee will be announcing a new replacement candidate for the Board in mid-September so a concurrence vote can be held as part of the 2017 Biennial Conference.
Change Request and Comment Process News
- Start reading! Technical Review Committee reviews of the Change Requests are being posted as we speak so you can start viewing. All reviews should be live in the next two weeks: the TRC reviews posted have a blue circle under the “TRC” column and say “Final” in the “Status” column on the right-hand side of the sheet under the “View Change Requests” page.
a. Feel free to post comments that can influence discussion at the conference and the final vote. To add a comment, open the CR, click on the “Submit Comments” box at the bottom of the page to make yourself heard.
Preparing for the 2017 Biennial Conference
- Prepare. As you can imagine, there is a great deal of activity occurring to prepare for the 2017 CMAHC Conference. We have two very full days that include the CMAHC progress report, CR presentations and discussions, caucus discussions, floor discussion, and the CMAHC business meeting. CR voting will open with the conference and closes one month after the Conference. We will also be having a vote for a replacement member for the Board of Directors.
CMAHC Business, Communication, and Operations News
- Thanks to our new Members. We just topped 700 members! We really want to see that all of you renew your membership after the conference.
Investment in Change
Joining us in Denver or via livestream solidifies your role in moving the MAHC forward to keep aquatics health and safety at the front of everybody’s playbook.
Other Questions, Needs, Requests
Contact us from the CMAHC “Contact Us” page and we can add your thoughts to our list for future consideration.
Executive Director, CMAHC
Phone: (678) 221-7218